Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bits & Pieces




She said I’ll have more time to love myself now that I’m not so busy trying to love him.

***
She wouldn’t have to tell you what makes her happy if you were paying attention to her smiles.

***
Some days when I’m in your arms I hold my breath because I’m afraid if my heart fills with any more love, I simply might combust.

***
She told me one of these days she was going to make a difference in the world. Odd, she never realized what a difference she had made in our little world.

***
In her innocent infant smile we all believed that we could be a better person.

***
The thing about being an aunt is that the sillier you are and the louder your toy, the cooler you become. Not many other jobs have that perk.

***
The day you left this world I went out into the night and chased the air amongst the fire flies, trying to catch a bit of your soul in my jar.

***
I’ve found that the real treasures in life that are worth fighting for and keeping cannot be caught in a net, they can only be stored in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment