Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Poison

I wish there was a pill to rid me of you. I would swallow the bottle and it would erase you from my mind, my heart and my soul. It would be as if I never loved you. I would never feel the pain of you again. I wouldn’t remember your laughter or your smile. No more recalling the things you said that made my heart flutter. My skin would forget the feeling of you against it. It may be a bit hollow but most days I think it would be better.

I don’t know what to do when you call my phone. It’s a civil war between my heart and my head. I want so badly to hear your voice. But I know that it will melt my defenses like a sno-cone in Fiji. I can’t be a part of you any longer. I have to move on. I have to forget you…for now. For as long as I know you are still out there, I hold out for hope. I pray for a miracle that our love can be salvaged.

You cannot be the man I need. I tell you this, hoping that you will understand and let me go, but instead you fill my head with lies and promises. All we have left is lies and promises and I can’t swallow them any longer. You are a poison to my heart and I will search and fight until I find the magic potion that cures me of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment